Every morning a systems engineer has to check the backup logs of many systems. Different backup systems with different types of reports get to our mailboxes. Despite all our efforts to organise them at best using detailed rules, they still need to be checked manually and we are left with a nagging doubt: have all the e-mails been delivered? Are there any systems in error that are not delivering the logs? Are we sure that we are actually monitoring all our backups? Has the client changed their SMTP and are we not receiving the log e-mail anymore? How do we know this? How much time do we waste every morning to carry out these checks?
Your solution: Trevor Mail Monitor
Just imagine if you could receive one single e-mail per day with a detailed report of the backup logs divided into three sections:
Wouldn’t that be amazing?
How does it work?
Trevor is a fully cloud-based service which:
- Receives all the e-mails, classifies them and identifies one of the three statuses
- Configures a single recipient mailbox for all your backup jobs
- Classifies the type of backup choosing among existing templates or manually codifying the three statuses
- Customises the e-mail subject for quick identification.
It’s as simple as that!
Using a simple dashboard you will be able to monitor, add and modify systems and jobs.
- Group: a group of devices to be monitored. A group may be a client, an office, etc.
- Device: an IT system belonging to a group on which a backup software is usually installed.
- Job: the single backup operation to be monitored. Each device may have many jobs.
Trevor Mail Monitor features two report systems:
- A daily e-mail with the status of the backups from the previous day
- Detailed web reports with all sorts of filters and the chance to see the original e-mails for each backup job
100% compatible with log e-mails
Trevor can classify and identify the log e-mails generated by any backup software. E-mails are a standard and by using standard or custom templates it is very easy to classify them.
Trevor Mail Monitor’s e-mail analysis is based on two types of template: standard and custom.
We profiled a great number of backup systems. As far as the standard templates are concerned, the status is automatically identified and the user does not need to worry about setting any rules. We can analyse new software and create standard templates that might be useful to other users. You may ask for the profiling by opening a notification in the “Help” section.
Custom: Trevor Mail Monitor is open to the profiling of e-mails that are not managed by standard templates. All e-mails can be identified and it is possible to profile the outcome of the backup logs quickly and easily. Custom Template will be quoted and developed by our support team.